White Washed.

White washed - A black person who lacks the characteristics associated with black people. In other words a black person who acts like a white person. Often caused by being raised in the suburbs.(urbandictionary.com)

I am one of those black people.
I am who I am and people seem to have a problem with that.
Just because I speak properly and use correct grammar most of the time doesn't not make me "white washed",
it makes you ignorant for believing such...ignorance.

My biggest concern is music.
Those who know me well (which is very few) know
I love alll genres of music, 80s hip hop being my fav.
But when I listen to bands like Boys Like Girls,
Cobra Starship, Framing Hanley, Kings of Leon....
When it comes down to music its about how it makes you feel
and the words that speak to you.
Im sorry but Boosie and Webbie DONT speak to me.
I cannot relate to anything they talk about.
And if every other word is cussing
how in the world am i supposed to enjoy that. To me that is not "music".
That's why I loved older jams; music now is just noise.
Doing what they can, however they can just to make a dollar.
I will say that the beats and instrumentals are a lot better but thats all I can say.
So until rap and hip hop get it together, I shall remain "white washed".

My Dream; Unity.

forever,
lokei

No comments:

Post a Comment