I saw an angel.

She was short with fresh Nikes on, wearing all black, skinny jeans, leather jacket. But her style isn't what caught my eye. It was her hair. Her cute perfect braid-out that obviously had lasted all day without any problems seeing as how it was 3:15 in the afternoon. I first spotted her from across the busy downtown cross walk. I couldn't help but look. As we were about to cross each others paths, I just had so say something. 
"I love your hair."
I wanted her hair, her beautiful natural hair. The hair I've been so eager to grow and love. I spend most of my time downtown and not once have a seen a beautiful black woman with beautiful natural hair. I always see the weaves, wigs, & relaxers, pink, blue & purple, flat ironed, bone straight. I was in awe and amazement that here this young woman is with an "afro" and she looks just as beautiful, if not more, than these other girls. She was the one who caught my eye and that's how I want to be. The only one in the room that catches your eye.

I saw my angel.

3 comments:

  1. this is nice...I WISH I could do the natural look, but I just don't have the patience and THEN to try it in this TEXAS weather, HEEECKS no, LoL!
    This poem makes me think you saw a style like Teyana Taylor...I LOVE her hair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was like Teyana's!
    Lol. I think I just might, do a post on her soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh emm gee! this was sooo nice. more grlsz shud roqk their natural b/c i think it is so beautiful

    -Cook.ThePoet.

    ReplyDelete