meet granny.

& the other guy I'm supposed to call "granddaddy."
November 1972.

My granny is the bestest. 
She doesn't bake cookies or casseroles or cakes. Heck, she doesn't even cook. Well she used to bake banana nut bread. Yumm. I'm not sure if she still does. Hmm... I'll check on that. But help yourself to all the popsicles in the freezer and Kool Aid in the fridge. She doesn't knit or sew or crochet. But why should she? She plays electronic poker all day and watches reruns of Murder She Wrote and Bones, she has them on DVD. She only goes two places; the grocery store and church, both of which are 3 minutes away. She's a beast on the rode. I don't think she believes in the brake pedal...only to park. When I visit, I'm her girlfriend not her granddaughter any longer or "punkin" or "poocumroo", well I think the latter my mama calls me. Anywho. My granny is as real as it gets.

1 comment: