black lipstick x turban.


Judge me.

I put on black lipstick merely for fun, but the thing is...I kinda like it. Granted I would never were it out in public, especially in this little ole country town of mine. People put so much emphasize on outter appearances. Someone said to me, "I don't like it. Don't goths wear black lipstick?" I simply replied, "You're stereotyping and judging. I understood that people would take it the wrong way because it's black, but it's just a color. If i were wearing pink lipstick it would be fine by most people I suppose, but you're looking at the color, not at how it looks on me." He might not have liked how it looked on me, I understand, but he was so focused on the fact that it was black. I always wear lipstick; nudes, pinks, reds, but when I decided to do something different, people opposed. I'm still the same person; I'm still Shelby. Reminds me of the time I cut my hair and went natural. So many people were worried about my outside appearance that they weren't worried about the person underneath., or about my feelings. I am who I am regardless. Society is so jacked.

4 comments:

  1. i love it! those pics are so cute!!

    <3 jaz

    jaynicole89.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good point!! People do tend to judge others by appearance. God looks at the heart...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE IT!
    - i got some black lipstick and i wear mine outside, so where yours outside.
    let them judge, but i guarantee they'll be doing it soon.
    SET YOUR TREND, GIRL!
    mwa!

    ReplyDelete