mommy's baby, daddy's maybe.

All my life I've had just my mama. Of course things weren't always peachy keen considering she was, and still is, a single mother with two children. I was comfortable. I liked my not so perfect, semi-crappy life. I was happy. 

Last year I decided to send my dad an invitation to my graduation. He missed everything else in my life; first tooth, heart breaks, proms, birthdays, so I figured he could at least see me graduate from high school. Every since then he's been trying to come into my life. Trips here and there, money here and there, but I don't want those. I don't want to spend time with him. I don't want to get to know him. Why? Because we've missed that point in our lives. It's too late for him to try and be a dad. After 18 years there isn't much he can do in my life. It's not special; it's complicated and uncomfortable. He's merely a stranger in my eyes. I appreciate him trying, but I honestly don't care.

We went to a shoe store and he said to me "If there's anything you like, let me know." I smiled and nodded my head. Of course I saw shoes that I wanted, but when he asked before checkout, what did I say? "Nope, didn't see anything." I'll never be a daddys girl; that connect will never be there. 

Now that he's trying to be in my life, how do I left him know I don't want him here? Sometime I regret the simple gesture of sending an invitation.

He may have fathered me, but DNA doesn't make him my daddy. 

1 comment:

  1. wow...i feel exactly how you do with my relationship with my dad..he always tries to buy my love and i cnt lie i accept the gifts but it doesnt make me feel any fonder for him..as long as you acknowledge hes your dad thats all you gotta do..you dont owe him much.

    imancoco.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete