I'm not perfect...

...and honestly, I don't want to be.

I have chipped nail polish. I have terrible skin. My lips get chapped a lot. I have bags under my eyes. I don't have long hair. I have a fro. Sometimes my fro is lumpy. I don't have the greatest style. I don't know how to spell without the help of Google and spell check. I can't drive. I can't sing. I can't dance. I cry way too often.

But I know how to love. I know how to comfort you when you're down. I know how to listen to your problems, or just how your day went. I can cook for you, even bacon if that's what you want. I'll give you your space. If you're tired, we don't have to talk; I'll just lay on your chest and hear your heart beat. I'll love you wholeheartedly. 

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely loved this! It wraps up how I feel entirely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "... But I know how to love. I can cook for you, even bacon if that's what you want." ♥

    And this, Shelby dear, is why you are are oh, so special to me.

    ReplyDelete