The way the cookie crumbles.

"U know somethin? I cant look at u for more than 5 seconds without wndering why you're still single...." (message on facebook)

Yeah, well... *shrug* I really don't know how to respond to that, or if I even want to. There isn't an explanation. It is what it is. No blow to him, but that line, "You're too pretty to be single", etc...really rubs me the wrong way. As if my looks are the only reason why I'm with someone on the first place. The guys that I've tried to get to know have all failed me, but that's okay though. I'm not really in the position to be jumping into a relationship anyway. Although I'm not too fond of being single, I am accepting it. I'm using this time to get myself together, get to know who I am, what I want, what I like, what sets me off. I need to get to know Shelby for once.

So, I suppose the reasons why I'm single are because no one's worth my time right now(well...that's another story), I have yet to find a guy who looks past my beauty, and most importantly I need to find out who I am.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad that you're accepting the fact that you're single and that you're taking this time to learn more about yourself. As for the guy that sent you that FB message, it's really none of his business why you're still single... As well as anyone else's. I agree that it's wrong for people to falsely assume that your looks are the only basis of you being in a relationship.

    You are much more than a beautiful face.

    You are beautiful, inside and out. You have great moral character, a great head on your shoulders, outstanding values, a hell of a lotta intelligence, common sense, spirituality... You just have to find these things for yourself.

    Good luck, Shelby dear.

    ReplyDelete