Lost in the world.

     High school will soon be just another chapter in my life and college will be the beginning of another. Isn't this about the time where I'm supposed to know who I am and what I stand for? Or am I supposed to know who I want to be and what I want to do? Is it both? I'm lost on where I go from here. As these past few months have been winding down, I've learn more about my peers and what represents them and what makes them stand out as an individual. I don't dance, sing, or act. I don't play an instrument. I'm not the genius. I don't do any sports like I used to. I haven't created clubs or been involved with the community like I have in the past. I'm seriously just an average girl and that thought sadden me. When applying for scholarships, they don't want the average girl, they want the captain of the cheerleading squad, that gets straight A's, sings in her church choir and volunteers every weekend at a children's hospital. You get it? That girl isn't me. At this point I don't know what to do or where to start standing above the rest. I keep saying things will change when I go to college, but will they?
     I'm tired of being just a number. I know what I stand for but do other people?
I would give anything to help others. I don't like to see people arguing or upset. It makes me sick to see homeless people every single day. It tears me up that there are children in the world who don't eat. These things kill me inside and I want to make it my duty so bad to help everyone that I can but I haven't started anywhere and that hurts worse. I'm an advocate for the Invisible Children; I've donated money but I feel that's not enough. I give to homeless people sometimes but it's not enough. I give can food every year but it's not enough. I don't want it to be a thing where people know I give. That's not why I do it. I do it because it's in my heart to. But at the same time I also feel that these things won't get me anywhere like being a talented singer or athlete will.

I'm lost.

3 comments:

  1. girl i thought the same thing. . .i was so nervous when college came around way to quickly. . .but trust me you WILL change and you will evolve into either better person or a worse person . . .play your card right . . .you never know who you could meet or piss off. good luck
    Kimone™
    =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. you will be fine...i felt the same way when i was applying for college but God made a way for at the very last minute...so dont worry...your blessing will come...if you have the desire and will...youll be able to attend college

    go to uncf.org and fastweb.com (these are some sites that i used)

    also some colleges have their scholarships that incoming freshmen can apply for solely based on you writing an essay...just start searching for your answers...you got all the questions now it is time to search and let God bring you to the answers

    i wish you luck!

    ReplyDelete