In a split second

*****WARNING*****
This Is About To Get Real Raw

Date: Saturday, October 10, 2009.
Time: 11.25 pm.
Place: Bell Forge 10 Parking Lot, Antioch.

In a split second my whole life could have changed. Last Saturday Jalen and I went to the movies. Usually it's its all good since I work there and all. But our night took an unexpected turn. We were in the car chillin' and talking and such and I hear a knock on the window behind me. I instantly see Jalens face and it looked as though his heart fell into his stomach. All emotion was gone. I turned to take a look and the only thing I can see is the barrel of a pistol pointing straight at me, no more than 6 inches away. First thought, "We're going to die." Second thought, "What if something happens to me?" Final thought, "What if something happens to him?"
Jalen starts to look for something around the car and I'm beyond freaking out. We then hear "Get out of the car" in a nonthreatening voice but the only voice I'm hearing is the guns. Jalen gets out of the car and the guy walks around to his side with the gun pointing straight at him and says "Give me your money." Jalen does. "Is that all you got?" "Yeah." He runs off and joins two others. I shake uncontrollably and cry.
We call the police and my co-worker comes out and asks us what was up with the cops. We tell him what happened and he says that he knows who the kid was. He and his friends went to a movie that night and they might be on camera. A few minutes later about 2 more cop cars and 2 unmarked cop cars come and question us. One goes inside for the footage. Sure enough we find him on tape.



Black Male.
Age, 15-17.
About 5'9, 5'10.
He was wearing a red polo and a red backwards cap.
Black jacket.
He might've had hair [dreads, braids, or ponytail.]
He was last seen running towards Bell Rd.

Please, if he looks familiar let me know via blogspot, facebook [name: Shelby Danielle], or email [shelby.corley@yahoo.com]
I will let the detective know any information you may have.

This is really important to me.
Thank God he didn't pull the trigger this time,
but the next person may not be so lucky.

My life could have changed in a split second.
You think you know but you have no idea.
That day was exactly a year after I had been raped
and now there was a gun to my head.
I always hated October...
I dread what next year brings.

In a split second my life did change.

1 comment:

  1. omg, shelburrss... i am so sorry. knowing that happened to you scares me so much. idk what i would do if i found out you died... especially by a gun wound. you are so young, & so beautiful, & so talented... you don't deserve to die. & i know jalen doesn't deserve it either... so whomever that fool was that decided to pull that bitch move, i hope he's caught & put where he belongs soon.

    & i didn't know last year you were raped... i guess idk a lotta things. i'm so, so sorry about that, too. & i know "sorry" doesn't change anything, but i just can't believe that something that terrible could ever happen to someone so good of a person.

    ily, shelburrss... & i hope nothing bad like that ever happens to you again.

    jessica also says that she's sorry, she loves you, & she hopes you never have to go through that again.

    ReplyDelete