“Set your goals high, and don't stop till you get there.” -Bo Jackson




I've decided that lately I've been giving up on myself while others' tried to lift me up. I insisted that they were wrong and that I have nothing going for myself; I can't sing, dance. I don't play an instrument nor do I play sports. I'm not apart of some student committee. I'm not the genius and I'll never be. I'm the girl next door that exists but isn't living. I was talking to my boyfriend one night and I told him I wasn't good at anything and that I'm not entirely special. His response, "But you are. If you don't play an instrument now, you still have time. What's stopping you? Besides, you're an amazing artist." My response, "But I'm not that good." Some many others friends and family members have told me the same but I pretty much shrugged it off. As I sat and thought about what they said I came to the conclusion that I was holding myself back from doing some thing amazing. And from that moment on I've decided that I'm going to be my number one fan to keep myself motivated and going in the right direction. Therefore this list is composed of all the things I would like to do...ever. When they're accomplished I will cross them out until the very last one is completed. Wish me luck. :)


Finish all of the art pieces I've ever started. [about 10]
Overcome my fear of public relations and take acting classes.
Find out who I want to be not who I am.
Call my dad just to say "Hi".
Fall in love.
Join ANY organization in college.
Road trip with a the best frannn. : )
Photoshoot.
Learn how to play the piano.
Go camping and look at the stars all night.
Vacation in Australia.
Mission Volunteer work in Middle America.
Win Homecoming/Prom Queen.
Stop biting nails.
Learn how to ice skate.
Meet Barack Obama.
Get 26 or higher on ACT. [third times the charm right?] Got a 24...again.
Pet a Zebra.
Make new friends/keep old ones.
Quit drinking. Never smoke.
Become closer to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment