Out with the old, In with the new.

I would like to say that this is my New Years Resolution post, but in actually these are things that I've been working on for a few months. It just seems appropriate to post them seeing as how today is the last day of 2010. Today is the last day of 2010! I have gone through a lot this year, so let's recap shall we.
  • I graduated from high school.
  • Did the Big Chop and became 100% natural.
  • I became legal.
  • My best friend and I divorced each other, but we're on better terms.
  • I stopped eating meat completely and became a pescatarian.
  • My mama and I had the biggest fallout we've ever had. It was el terrible. 
  • I got my tragus pierced.
  • I dealt with the worst break up of my life thus far. (I say that like I'm old. lol.)
  • I went off to college and made some wonderful friends.
  • I've learned to forgive Jalen. loljk. I lied. -___-
  • I think that's all for the big things...I don't know. *shrug*
All in all, 2010 was not that bad of a year for me.


Now that that's out of the way, it's time for my "resolutions".
  • The things mentioned in my Lovely Advice post.
  • I'm going to attempt to teach myself French. I've always wanted to learn.
  • Shop only at Goodwill and thrift shops. Except for shoes. 
  • I need to learn how to save money. Note previous bullet. lol.
  • Learn how to be single. Just that. Not talking to anyone. Just be single girll! Can't be that hard.
  • Spend more time caring for my hair and if I dye it, only once more. *sigh*
  • Work on my relationship with God. A real relationship. 
  • When I shop, know what I want in advance. I can't just be going into stores all willy nilly. See bullets 3 and 4.
  • Learn how to drive! Duhh. That should have been number one.
  • Stay alive.
  • Stay happy.
  • Stay free.
Ok, I think I'm done. This was supposed to be a serious post. You know, reflecting on the past, the lessons I've learned, and what I'll do differently, but who am I kidding. Nothing ever really changes but the digits of the year and your age. 

3 comments:

  1. Yes, learning how to drive should have been number one, lol. I think you need to get to that soon. I love everything else though. I hope 2011 brings you many blessings, my dear. :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. - teach yourself french.
    - learn how to JUST BE SINGLE!
    - work on your relationship with God.

    best resolutions, i am trying to do the same myself.
    stay encouraged. & be blessed.
    stick to it.
    xox_missy

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow. we have a lot in common. the biggest things:

    - I did my BC in June 2010.
    - I stopped eating meat in July of 2009, then started eating chicken in France (bleh) ...and now I am finally back to my good ol' pescetarian ways.
    - My tragus is pierced... one of my fave piercings ever.
    - I speak French. Let me know if you ever need help with it.

    ...and I could go on, but those are the major things.

    Bon courage avec tous tes résolutions!

    - kris @ the krissi kronicles

    ReplyDelete