From my Tumblr: 08.10.2010.

Honestly, I hate being single.
At the moment I’m not. My boyfriend, whom I love to death, and I have been together for a year but it’s about to come to an end for reasons I’d rather not discuss. But I’m dreading the break or break-up, whatever you shall call it. The reason I hate being single so much is because that’s not the kind of person I am. I’m a hopeless romantic who thrives off the love of a significant other. I don’t see the fun in being single if that isn’t the type of lifestyle I crave.

Bascially, I’m a modern day “1950’s Wellesley girl” (except I’m black).

I dream of the husband and the kids. I dream of love and I want it as soon as I can. People say to me, “Don’t you want to be single your first year of college?” or “Why do you want to get married so young? Don’t you want to enjoy your life?” That’s just not the person I am. No, I don’t want to be single in college and I will enjoy my life, as a young married mother…
 
--------------------------------

By the way- I'm not the type of woman who feels she needs a man to be happy. That's not the point I'm making at all.

1 comment: