"If He is Not Jealous He is Not in Love."

There was a much heated debate about this on facebook. I was gung ho for the statement being true. Before I begin let's turn the tables around and say "If She is Not Jealous She is Not on Love." Let's not limit the gender. Also, I would like to substitute jealousy for other adjectives very similar or that accociate with jealousy, like anger and rage.

Ok, we can look at this at a biblical perspective:
          1 Corinthians 13:4-7
4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Now to be honest. I think I'll stop there. I'm no longer gung ho. Lol. Yes, I know I know but seriously. It's the Word. But I will continue to explain why I believed it to be true in the beginning:

The reason why my young naive self thought it was true was because I know how I felt/feel being in love. Jalen and I didn't go to the same school and we lived about 30 minutes apart. I was always jealous of who's spending more time with him or jealous of the fact that the females at his school saw him 5x more than I did. It wasn't fair to me. I guess where I'm going with this is that if I wasn't in love with him, would I not care? Would I be less jealous? I'm looking at it where, a partner should show signs of emotion at times like that because it does show that they care. Let's change the situation. Say you and and your partner are at a party and you leave for a few minutes to take a break or whatever. When you return, your partner is talking to someone else of the opposite sex, laughing, having a good time... The music is pretty loud so they're close, only because they have to hear each other's words right? But you on the other hand don't know what's being said nor the reason why they're so close. Jealousy, anger... I don't know where I'm going with this actually...
How about you just for get that whole last part. As time went on I realized how wrong I was going to sound.

Someone also said in the debate that if they trusted their partner than there is no reason for them to be jealous. I argued that trust and jealousy do not go hand and hand. I trusted Jalen, it were the people around him that I were jealous of; I wouldn't say I didn't trust them. (Although there were times...)
After I thought about it, I decided to go to the Word. I'm very familar with the scriptures so I'm not sure why it didn't cross my mind. Actually, I do. I was living in the flesh and not in the spirit. I know that I love Jalen, and still do, and in our relationship I associated my jealousy with loving him. Since that's how I felt at times, I believed that that was what it was...

1 comment:

  1. nah
    id never be "jealous"
    as much as i loved my ex
    its just not my nature
    id honestly wish them the best..seriously
    "If he is mature he wont be jealous"

    its funny i got 2 texts messages yesterday saying my ex posted a pic of her and her new man lol...and like i said shoutout to them

    Mature love wants happiness for their loved ones, point blank period.

    ultimately i want someone who WANTS me...soo if you wanna leave, then fine. Dont get me wrong ill try stop her from leaving but i will never beg, only try to see "why"

    ReplyDelete