only a week and a half.

Jalen and I went to see She's out of my league, went to 3 banks because I'm slow, went to Target to get nine dollar buddies, and then went to IHOP and laughed and chilled and had a good time. Even though I had to pay, I don't mind. Even though he pretended to leave me, I don't mind. That's what we do. Play around, joke, laugh, act silly together.

As he dropped me off he had this saddened look on his face. I tried not to notice. He put my leftovers on the hood and dropped my Target bag and hugged me so tight. I tried not to notice that either. I ended it far too quickly than I should have. As he walked me to the door, the looked still remained. He said "It won't be awhile until I see you again." My response was "It's only a week and a half." We kissed and I went in to the house.

It's not only a week and a half. I miss him so much already and it's only been an hour. What the heck was I thinking? By the time I realized it, it was too late for him to come back. And right now all I want to do is cry. I will have to swallow my words for the next week and a freakin' half.

3 comments:

  1. But Shelburrss... Why were you ignoring those small details? Why did you act as if you didn't care?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not like I didnt care. Thats just how I deal with things. I kind of shut down. And I was trying to stay strong.

    ReplyDelete