stolen identity.

Sunday I went to the library to get a library card.
After I filled out the paperwork the lady tells me I already have one under my name.
I was shocked and didn't think anything of it until she tells me I owe 4 items.
I haven't had a library card in years, so that was not possible.
I argue with the lady and she tells me I owe $85.
She hands me the receipt and I saw that the items were checked out in 2001.
I was eight or nine years old!
I told her this was a mistake but she insisted otherwise.
The items checked out were:
Led Zeppelin (cd)
"When We Were Colored" (book)
Charlie Brown (movie)
& some other book.
There was no way I checked those things out.
She listened to my story and gave me a number to call to clear things up.
So this is what it feels like to have a stolen identity...
...and it's only a library card.

smh.

They should seriously start carding library cards because this is CUH-RAZYY!

No comments:

Post a Comment