crazy artists.

Some, if not most artists, whether they are painters, writers. or musicians, have been labeled as being crazy artists. There is evidence that in fact they are crazy, or mentally ill. Mental illnesses include depression, bipolar, or even addictions to drugs and alcohol. But do their illnesses deserve the credit of wonderful works of art? The reason why artists such as Van Gogh, Leo Tolsky, Tennessee Williams, Mozart and many many others, have the fame and recognition that the have is because they did what no one else had done with a paint brush, a pen, and an instrument. The reason for their visions is simple; they don't see the world and society the way the rest of us do. These artists wrap their emotions into their pieces which can touch whoever is observing, reading, or listening to the art.

There is speculation on whether this fact is true or not be I believe there is truth to it. I am an artist myself and I know that my best pieces are the ones where I'm feeling down or depressed.

I think I'll do a follow up on this post with more detail and evidence so... (To be Continued) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment