Te Amo banned in the US.

Yall know how much I love Rihanna. I knew she had shot the "Te Amo" video for some time now but I had yet to see it and I was wondering when it was going to air. I just learned that her video was banned from the U.S. because of sexual content. If you're not familiar with the song, basically a woman declares her love for Rihanna and Rihanna doesn't really know what to do in that situation. Here are a few lyrics:

"Then she said Te Amo, then she put her hand around me waist.
I told her no she cried Te Amo, i told her I'm not gonna run away, but let me go."
"That we all need love, and I'm not afraid.
I feel the love but i don't feel that way."

The video has been banned because of sexual content. Excuse me, but last  I recall Trey Songz' "I invented sex" and "Neighbors know my name" videos have sexual content, am I right? So what makes Rihanna's video any different? The fact that it's two females and not a male and a female? I in no way condone homosexually but I do however believe in what's fair and just. I can say there are some scenes that are a little risque but I also think that it's no different than previous videos I've seen in my life. She and the other young lady are in slightly revealing clothing but aren't the Victoria Secret models in the mall, you know, the huge floor to ceiling posters of ladies in their underwear. Is it their movements? Is it because they're both on a bed? Is it the tone of the video? What the fuck is it cause I can't seem to wrap my head around this one? Judge for yourself:

3 comments:

  1. Seriously? That video wasn't even all that bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i loved it.every moment of it.Rihanna has definitely changed sooooo much since she first came out in the industry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. confused? ive seen much worse on tv. this was sexy tho. i love her. i sound very homo.

    ReplyDelete