a moment.

Every time I take a picture of myself or with friends in public, I notice strangers in the background that I have never met and will probably never meet. How many other people have pictures of them in their backgrounds but more importantly, how many pictures do strangers have of me? How many backgrounds am I in? How many lives am I a part of?
I am a part of someones life in that snapshot, whether it was a great moment for them or not so much. That's what photographs are for, to stop time and remember the moment just as it was, and I was apart of their moment without any realization. To be completely honest, I like that I am a part of someone else's life. And not even know it.


Edit: Now that I think about it, today I was actually tagged in a picture on facebook. And where was I? In the background of someone else's moment.

2 comments:

  1. Although memorable, being in the background of someone else's picture can also be a creepy thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you think of it that way, I suppose so.

    ReplyDelete