Crystal ball.

Have you ever thought about what it would be like if you married the person you were dating or crushing on? Thought about the kids you would have, you with their last name or vice versa, the house, the car, the actual wedding. All of it. What it would be like to spend the rest of your life with them.
I do it all the time.
I feel there would be no point in dating someone if I can't see myself with them. I don't date people just to say "I have a boyfriend", to feel loved, or to hold hands in public. Of course, the relationship may fall apart, or may not even happen, before you get to see if the things you imagined would take place. From the get go, thinking about it may sound very scary to the other person as if you're moving too fast.
But why would I waste my time dating you if I can't see myself with you in the future. And for the guys that didn't make the cut early on, it's all just a learning and growing process.

I hope yall understand what I'm trying to say without me making a fool out of myself...

4 comments:

  1. totally agree! we've definately reached an age where we shouldnt still be having relationships that last a couple weeks to a month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've imagined myself spending the rest of my life with a couple guys... When I thought they were the one I would end up with. Now, like you said, I realize that those guys were all just a part of the learning process. My boyfriend now, is who I am sure I will be with forever... and we each talk about how happy we will be together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. no i absolutely agree with you whats the point if i cant see myself being with you why waste each others time

    ReplyDelete
  4. ive done that with everyone that ive ever been with, so i completely understand what you mean. especially lately at this age, i mean were gonna start getting married in the next 10 years or so! thats soon! so why not think about it?!

    ReplyDelete