Day 6 - Letter to a stranger.

    I only ask a few things of you. Now you may think, "You're a stranger, why are you asking anything of me at all?" but it's because I care. You may not realize the power of one individual but I know that one person can change the lives of others. I ask that you change a life. Simply smile to others on the street, help a lost child, pick up the shirt that fell off of the clothing rack, or donate a small amount of change to a charity. It won't hurt at all to do any of these small things. I'm not asking for you to go to Africa and feed families or adopt a child from Asia. 
    Once a year at my job we ask for donations for the Children's Miracle Network at Vanderbilt Children's Hospital. And every year I ask people to donate at least 5 cents. You wouldn't believe how many people do not. Please don't be one of those people A small act of kindness can go a long way. Trust me. 
    To the stranger in the wheelchair with the beautiful black lab service dog, When you asked me to help you with your popcorn and drink, I was more than excited to. My hands were full and I tired to figure out a way to open the door for you and when I told you I'd get the door you said to me, "No, I'll get the door for you." And you did. I walked with you to your seat and watched as you lifted yourself out of your wheelchair and in to get settled and ready for your movie. All I could do was smile. You have no idea what that experience did for me and I would like to thank you. :)
A stranger,
Shelby
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment