Southern hospitality.

I love being from the South; the Southern cooking, the weather, the music, the slang ,as well as the accents, although I don't think I have one, I love it all. But what I love the most is the Southern hospitality. I don't know any other region besides the South where it's okay to smile at strangers and ask them how they are doing. It's okay to let someone use your Kroger plus card or pay $5 of someones grocery's because they were short. It's okay to give someone directions and not the cold shoulder.
Don't get me wrong, not all Southerners are like this nor are all Northerners rude. I've seen my mama smile to strangers or ask them how they're doing and sometimes she'll get no response. The look in her face is always the same. A bit of anger as well as sadness. Some people don't understand that this is our way of life. It's kind of tradition in the South and I plan to continue it.

4 comments:

  1. IKR! I love the south. I go down there about every other month or more.. the vibe is just so different.. so friendly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we definitely are the friendly folk. :] Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes i love it my grandmother is from down south and i love her accent and just the warmness of the people...when i go to norfolk virginia to visit my dad the people are so friendly i love it!

    ReplyDelete