When I say "I'm fine."

90% of the time I'm lying. The other 10% is when a guy want's to "Get to know me". A subject I've talked about before. Therefore 100% of the time, I'm actually not fine. Why would I answer otherwise though? When someone asks "How are you?" they don't expect to to hear anything less than that you're okay and there isn't any woes and sorrows in your life at the moment. No one expects you to take that as a chance to get things off of your chest and tell them how you really feel. That's just not how it works. It sucks that I can 't spill everything out but I know it isn't possible to do. But given the opportunity to say what's on my heart, would I? I'm know for keeping things bottled in therefore that "I'm fine." has to be some sort of security blanket.

But it's cool, I'm fine with it...

2 comments:

  1. See, there you go lying again. You're not fine with it, Shelburrss... You never are. You said so yourself.

    Whenever I ask someone how they are doing, I'm looking for the God honest truth. If people tell me they're ok, that's what I assume. When people say "I'm fine," I usually respond with "That's good." But due to personal experience, I know that "I'm fine," is like you said, usually not true...

    I'm a listener and an advice giver... So I want people to talk to me if they need to vent or talk about something. Even if no one else will listen to your problems, Shelburrss... I will.

    ReplyDelete