Light skin vs. Dark skin.

I can admit that preferring a certain race over another when it comes to significant others is all fine and dandy, solely because of religious differences that may occur. I prefer to date black men but I am not limiting myself to them. I just keep in mind that my partner must have the same religious views as I do because it's important to me. Within preferring a black man, I do not have a preference on whether he may be light skin or dark skin.

I don't understand why most people have their minds made up that one is better than the other therefore making someone better or more attractive than the other. I've tried to talk to a lot of my guy friends, who prefer lighter skinned women, to get me to understand this infatuation of "yellow bone"s. Their responses were basically the same, "I don't find dark skin women attractive." They couldn't even elaborate on that statement as to why. Are all light skin women attractive? Is it believed that light skin women have long hair? Does being light skin make facial features more attractive?

As to how skin color makes someone attractive, or in some cases not, is beyond me. I upset's me that dark skin women have been looked at as less than... I've heard a few times to darker woman, "You look good for a dark skin girl." How much sense does that make?? I've been told a few times before, "You look good...and you light skin." What, is that a bonus or something? For the record, I do not consider myself to be dark or light skin. I am what I am.

I would go on but I believe my point has been made. Either you are attracted to someone or you aren't but the color of their skin shouldn't matter at all. It's all so ignorant.

I'll let it be with this video:

3 comments:

  1. This video is so hilarious to me. I first saw it like last year, and I didn't really pay much attention to it at first. Like you, I prefer to date black men... Some people tell me I'm racist because of that, but whatever. -_- My preference. I've dated all types of skin tones, however. I've dated the light-skinned dudes, the dark-skinned dudes, the in between dudes, the darker than ever dudes... I don't really care what their skin tone is. If I like you, I like you. If I think you look good, that's it. There's nothing else to it.

    I never understood why a bunch of guys would prefer light-skinned girls over dark-skinned girls either. I admit, I have said "Dark-skinned girls are ugly," once... But since then, I have thought about what I said and have come to realize that beauty and the opposite is everywhere -- not just in a specific skin tone.

    That light-skinned girl was all up in the camera though... and she wasn't even all that. Smh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow I'm amazed to see such stereo-typical belies based on skin, even within the same race! my whole family is dark and I'm the only light one and i believe my brother, mom and dad are very good looking despite their color, u cant base attractiveness on skin color it just doesn't work like that. plus there are many light skinned girls that aren't even pretty or even have long hair. heck i don't even have long hair my hair is short and slow to grow while my "dark-skinned" brother and mother have longer hair than i do! hair length cannot even be genetically linked to skin color they are different alleles. SMh some ppl need to learn that every race and color is attractive, that's how God made us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay so every single person in that video is IGNORANT. You can't just steroetype someone as having a certain mindset just because of the color of their skin! Oh my gosh, I'm light, but I can't help that and I do NOT think that I am any better looking than the next female, especially not over the color of our skin. Wtf. People are just plain stupid sometimes.

    ReplyDelete