Day 3 - Letter to my parents .

Daddy,
    You haven't been here for me and I honestly have nothing to thank you for except your sperm. You weren't here to feed me, to hear my first word or see my first step, to help me with homework, not one birthday have you celebrated with me. I don't hate you. Reason being, you never gave me a reason to because in my eyes, I turned out just fine...without you. My mama did a hell of a good job raising two small kids on her own didn't she? I don't love you either; I don't know you to say that I love you. As a person, yeah, I got love for you. I honestly don't want you to walk me down the aisle on my wedding day either. I decided that a long time ago. Why should you get that honor? But whatever, you won a few points in my book by coming to my graduation. Oh yeah, I thanked you for that... So, thanks for the sperm and watching me graduate.
Your only child,
Shelby
xoxo
----------------------------

Mama,
    You are my rock, my light, my world. You are such a strong woman and I admire everything that you've done to raise your children. Yes we argue and press each others buttons a lot but in reality, it's because we are one and the same. Not only are you my twin physically but also emotionally and spiritually. It wasn't long ago when I didn't want anything to do with you and I wanted to run away from you forever...just so you could be happy. I felt like I was a burden to you, you also told me I was, and my only solution was to leave this earth. I look back and realize that you're such a selfless person that I would be dumb not to appreciate a mother like yourself. I never unappreciated you, I just accepted that you're my mama, and that was all. Nothing more, nothing less. I hope you finally believe that I love you and I hope that we can continue to become closer. You are the only person in the world I know would stand my me and I thank you for that. Thank you for everything that you've done for me, EVERYTHING. I don't know anything that I could do to ever pay you back. Words cannot express how thankful I am. I love you soo much!
Your daughter,
Shelby
xoxo

1 comment: