Day 17 - Someone from my childhood.

I was just a baby went we first met but you were a big part of my life because you were there in my early years. I knew you were someone specical because of how my mama loves you. You were more than a friend, you were family. I understand that you had a mental illness and times got really hard for you. I stopped seeing you around when I was still a young child. After about 10 years, I saw you again, downtown in the "homeless park" eating a pack of gummies. We tried to talk to you, we tried to get you to remember, we tried to see if you were okay. But the only thing we got from you was a blank stare while you guarded that pack of gummies with what seemed like your life. That day my heart broke. I'm sorry that this had to happen this way. I pray to God that you're still alive. I hear stories about homeless people dying and I hope it isn't you. No one should die unidentified and without a proper burial, especially you. I love you so much. Those few years you had in my life was enough to make an impact.

The little girl you once knew,
Shelby
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. :[ This is so sad... But on a brighter note, you and Paige look absolutely ADORABLE in this picture! Especially youuu. ♥

    ReplyDelete