Exes are exes for a reason.

My ex Jeremy and I are like the best of friends. He was my best friend when we were togther and after we broke up we didn't talk for about six months. We broke the silence when I called him on his 19th birthday. Every since then we've made an effort to build a friendship. For those months we didn't talk, we hated each other and we realized that we can't go on that way. It was very pointless.

Now we talk almost on a daily basis. Mostly about his music or about my relationship with Jalen. The reason why it's so easy for us to be friends is because we were friends for 2 and a half years prior to our relationship. I know a lot of people that feel it isn't right to be friends with the ex. I don't see anything wrong with it as long as bounderies are set and expectations of the fine lines are met. And if you choose not to be friends with your ex for whatever reason, there is no need to be rude. Let's keep it cordial.

He is my ex for a reason, as well as my best friend, and it shall remain that way until the end of time.
April 2009. When I was 16. :)
Chico with his lil mustache!

1 comment: