"It's for the best. I know it is."

My co-worker and I have become really close friends over the past few years. Every since I've known him, he's been with the same girl. Everytime we talked I asked about her and he asked about mine. I knew the way he felt about her was genuine. He was just a little confused sometimes. They we're very much in love but he wasn't very faithful. I know I know, if you're in love with someone how could you possibly be unfaithful? I can't answer that question nor will I try to. But the way he talked about her I knew the love was there.

Just recently they had broken up. It wasn't because of his cheating. It was actually something beyond their control where parents had gotten involved and so on...

Ending a two year relationship has got to be hard. I see him pasing back and forth just thinking and thinking. The looks on his faces. It's honestly heartbreaking watching him. He's not himself at all. A few days ago he said to me, "Shelby, can I please get a hug? I just really need a hug..." We hugged and all I wanted to do was cry. I could feel his pain...

He has another girlfriend now but he still can't stop thinking and talking about his ex, she's always texting him saying how much she hates him and then a few minutes later, how much she loves him. When I found out he was with another girl I was shocked but then he told me his reasoning.

He said. "I think this break up was best for us. Especially her. She doesn't deserve me, I know she doesn't. She deserves someone better and I just need to start over. I love her but... I think it's all God. It happened this way because it needs to. And as far as my new girl, it's like God took her [my ex's] personality and put it in her body. She's almost the same girl, she's almost perfect. She just isn't her."


When I think about the situation and about him, all I want to do is cry. For some reason it hits too close for comfort. To watch a relationship for over two years crumble is hard for me. It makes me think about my relationship. He wanted to marry that girl. I don't think he ever saw this comming. Sadly, nothing in this life is guaranteed except death...

2 comments: